You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
You belong with your love on your arm
You belong somewhere you feel free.

-Tom Petty


Friday, September 5, 2008

Feminine Friday- Long Hair and Dresses/Skirts

Two things that really make me feel feminine are my long hair and my dresses/skirts.

I personally just love long hair, and I am trying to grow mine longer. I think there is something very womanly and beautiful about long hair. Just look at the art I have chosen on my sidebar here and you would know that:) In fact the Bible says that a woman's long hair is her glory. I do feel "glorious" with long hair. These are recent photos of me as I grow my hair:



I also personally love to wear dresses and skirts. It is not that I feel these are required of me, or that they are the only modest way for a woman to dress. No, it is just that I love to wear them! Long, flowing dresses and skirts make me feel beautiful and feminine and lovely. I love when the wind gently blows them. And I just think that these are more comfortable than tight jeans, for instance.


So, I guess long things make me feel feminine:)

5 comments:

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Esther,

I love this post! Your hair is gorgeous!! I can't wait for mine to continue growing and growing...I'm trying to catch up to ya. ;o) I agree about dresses, as you know I'm sure. They're so elegant and feminine and "feeing". I feel apart from society's image of a woman and far away from caring about physicality when I'm in a dress. Who would've thought? :o)

Have a lovely weekend!

Anonymous said...

Your hair is so pretty. You look radiant!

Farrah said...

Esther,

I am trying to let my hair grow out. My beautician cuts more than I'd like when I go for a trim each time, but I'm trying!
I also love long flowy dresses. In the hot summer they are much more comfortable to me than shorts.
Blessings for your weekend.

A happy heart at home said...

Very pretty!

~Susan

Amy said...

You are so filled with beauty, Esther! Inside and out! I love that about you!