You belong among the wildflowers
You belong in a boat out at sea
You belong with your love on your arm
You belong somewhere you feel free.

-Tom Petty


Thursday, August 28, 2008

Feminine Friday- My Perfume

This meme is hosted by the Barefoot Mama. It sounds like lots of fun! Here are the guidelines:

An outfit that you own (or a photo of a favorite look) that exhibits your femininity (does not have to be a dress...be yourself!)
A hairstyle, accessory or piece of jewelry that is special and makes you feel beautiful
Something in your home - can be non wearable, of course - that represents your femininity (it can be anything!!)
An inspiring or thought-provoking article, book review or quotation on any topic related to femininity
Feminine Friday is not about being a cookie-cutter. Share what femininity means to you and how you define modesty, beauty and being a Daughter of the King. I look forward so much to seeing what everyone shares!




About a month ago, I purchased myself a lovely bottle of perfume. It is called "Virtuessence of Esther". Yes, it bears my name:) I had discovered this perfume a while back, and had ordered a sample. I loved the fragrance and so did my hubby:) Not too sweet or too spicy, just very alluring:) I feel very feminine wearing this perfume. I also appreciated what was written on the company's website regarding their goals:

"Inspired by her integrity, strength and beauty, this one-of-a-kind floriental fragrance captures the heart and essence of Queen Esther."

"We are motivated by the virtuous women of the Bible and want the women of today to see themselves in them as they triumphantly faced their fears, endured their hardships with valor, walked in the strength of God, and embodied virtue. 'Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a women who fears the Lord, she shall be praised'" (Proverbs 31:30)

"Our exclusive Virtuessence® line is designed to put you in the mind and place of those whose physical beauty we have never seen, but whose actions and heart created a legacy - each in their own way. We capture the mood and essence of each woman we feature. Our flagship product, Virtuessence of Esther®, takes in the scene of Ancient Persia with the flower gardens, sweet incense, and rich oils. Walk with Esther as she bravely strides the halls of the palace to approach the King in order to save her people."



A beautiful concept, a beautiful fragrance and a beautiful bottle.


* Top notes: Lily, Orange, Ylang
* Middle notes: Cinnamon, Ginger, Jasmine, Clove
* Base notes: Vanilla, Amber, Musk, Patchouli, Frankincense, Sandalwood


*These are all photos I took of my actual bottle. I love how the hand-carved crystal bottle reflects the colors of a rainbow, just as a diamond does:)


On their website, there are links to a radio interview with Rachel, who I have also personally emailed by the way and she is very sweet and offers remarkable customer service. She is a homeschooling mother and had the beautiful idea to create these perfumes:)

On the website are also links to reviews of this particular perfume, including one from "Victoria's Own" website where "Virtuessence of Esther" was named among the best for 2007. Here are some of the descriptions in the various reviews:

"I want to let you know that Esther is just magnificent...I am bowled over by the top notes, just an out and out beautiful experience, and the mid and bottom notes are so womanly and warm, I think you have created a great fragrance. I have smelled hundreds and hundreds of perfumes, from the most high end and rare to the most common, but this one has really captured my imagination." (Julie)

"To be frank, I almost cry smelling this perfume oil. Never in my life, I found a scent so beautiful, richly complex, deeply motivating." (Montie)

"It reduces down to the most intimate, warm, soft, intimate and yes, noble scent of woman, pure woman. Yielding and feminine yet gallant, generous, unique, inspired." ( JulieOlivia)

"The fragrance is just lovely; delicate, feminine and soft... The bottle itself is a beautiful display item, display case worthy." (Victoria's Own)

You can learn more and purchase this fragrance here : Virtue and Valor

6 comments:

Mommy said...

Such a history for perfume! I now know why it makes you feel so feminine! Thank you for my smaple of it too. (((hugs)))

It really does have a unqiue and beautiful scent to it.

And I too love the way the light captures the colors in the bottle. Very neat!

Rachel Jones said...

What a beautiful site! Where do you get these awesome pictures?

Thank you for the kind review!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

I love a great smell of perfume! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

It's nice knowing that there are some companies out there that have values that reflect through the products.

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Hi Esther!

I bet that smells heavenly. I love anything sandalwood...and with some vanilla? Perfect! I'm definitely going to have to check it out - how cool that it's a Christian perfume!

P.S. Your name is one of my favorites. :o)

Thanks for playing along and have a beautiful week in the Lord!

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

P.S. Your blog is simply exquisite! What a header!!